Revised September 3, 2020
Jiko Technologies, Inc. and Jiko Securities, Inc.
To the extent we provide you notice on our Service of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
1. What Information Does our Service Collect?
(b) Information We Collect and Store As You Access and Use the Service In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Service, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect and store certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Service (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Service. Usage Information may be non identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information. This Usage Information may include:
your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Service, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
the URL that referred you to our Service;
the areas within our Service that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
your Device location;
your Device characteristics; and
certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and store Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Service. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built into or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Unlike Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on your Device, some parts of our Service may not function properly, and that when you revisit our Service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Service’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
Targeting Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our Service and third party sites based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that have been delivered to you.
(e) California Do Not Track Disclosures Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
2. How Do We Use the Information Collected? We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including:
to provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on our behalf, including to let you know about upcoming events;
to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service’s features such as to enable you to participate in online surveys, entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
to improve the Service or our Service offerings;
to customize your experience on the Service or to serve you specific content that we believe is relevant to you;
to provide customer support;
to contact you with regard to your use of the Service and, in our discretion, changes to the Service and/or Service’s policies;
to improve the overall experience at the Service;
for internal business purposes; and
(a) Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service, such as: (i) to assist us in Service operations; (ii) hosting the Service; (iii) designing and/or operating the Service’s features; (iv) tracking the Service’s activities and analytics; (v) enabling us to perform other administrative services; and (vi) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
(c) Affiliates and Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
5. How Do I Change My Information and Communications Preferences? You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Service may allow you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Service’s forms, and you may provide updates and changes by calling us toll free at 1-833-333-JIKO (1-833-333-5456) or if calling from outside the United States at 1-510-788-8810 or mailing us c/o Jiko Technologies, Inc., at 2000 Allston Way, PO Box 327, Berkeley, CA 94701. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
7. What Should Parents Know About Children? The Service includes a general audience web site and mobile application and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of eighteen (18) as required by U.S. law. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of eighteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please call us toll free at 1-833-333-JIKO (1-833-333-5456) or if calling from outside the United States at 1-510-788-8810 or mailing us c/o Jiko Technologies, Inc., at 2000 Allston Way, PO Box, 327, Berkeley, CA 94701
8. What About Security? We endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Questions? Please contact us at: